Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cards for my aunt

So, I am making some cards at the request of my aunt. Hopefully, she will be able to wow some of her peers into purchasing cards, which would be awesome. I tried to go with a couple of styles, so that I am not just doing my cartoonish, fun style. I want to be taken seriously and have my cards purchased. I would actually like to make a bit of money back from the creation of these cards. I don't know... that always makes me nervous of going back to the questions of, 'Do they like me?' and 'Do they think I am creative?' I guess I will just have to wait. Anyway, here are the cards.

The first two are get well. I used the cuttlebug embossing plate across the two edges and then filled in the inside gap with the layering and message.
The second one has the tree silouette stamp and has Distress Ink surrounding the stamped image, which picks up the color in the DCWV paper.

The second set are birthday. The first has the owl from Sun Spirit Studios and is on an embossed by CB. The ribbon is from Michael's and I chalked some of the message and added to brads to the corners. The color wasn't the best on my scan, but the orange in the brads is nice with the orange on the card.

The other birthday wish is cool, I think.
The paisley paper is Basic Grey. The fairy stamp and rhinestones make this feel very light and dreamy. The ribbon along the top has the same colors and the paisley.



Next, were the two thank you cards. The first is stamped and then watercolored in. It is accented with ribbon from Michaels.




Then the last was stamped and colored in with Prismacolor markers. The statement is from My Favorite Things and the rhinestones are a nice accent on the corner. The blue cardstock is texturized from DCWV.

No comments: