Monday, September 1, 2008

Having a crafty evening

So, I decided to have a crafty evening and spend my time down in my basement with the television on and surrounded by my fortress of crafty stuff. I managed to put together some of my redone yearbook scrapbook pages, which I can't load here, since they are of people and have names on it. Not that I wouldn't love to share, but blurring out most of the page just doesn't make sense.

Then, since it is both of my aunt's birthdays in the next week, I decided to make two birthday cards for them, but happened to get in spired to just make some other blank ones.







(birtday card one)















(birthday card two)







I decided to see what would happen if I embossed this one with a white/glitter powder on black. Actually very cool, I just wish the camera would have picked up more of the glitter.












Here I used that technique again (from birthday card two), where I also stamped the dress on patterned paper and raised it up with foam dots. I think it looks neat with the continuation of the pattern from the mat.











Finally, I had to clean up my paper supplies and weave together a bracelet, which only needs a clasp. I am actually a bit impressed with myself, and after all that, I am actually posting these items when they are made. Who knew?

No comments: