Okay, so there was the question - can alcohol inks be used on gesso to cover up what is already on the tin. The answer - sort of.
Next, I started to add my alcohol inks. Since this was an experiment anyhow, I was trying the drop technique using compressed air to move the drops around. It wasn't what I hoped for, so I continued to dab and blend.
So, I added some flowers. Nope, not what I expected. Not what I hoped for... but, at least now I know... as long as you cover it with Modge Podge, it sort of works. I also know that poorly placed flowers with Glue dots will pull off the letters and rub on if I tried to remove the cheesy looking flowers.