Wednesday, July 25, 2007

up to

Well, don't think it at all strange that Harry Potter was the main subject of my weekend. I was so excited to get it on Saturday, that I spent some time before and after the musical Mame, which Deb's friend was in, reading this. Then I got jokingly harassed about my priorities, when I didn't go visit Grandma, because I wanted to read this book. My big goal was the read and enjoy it without hearing spoilers from others. Now, of course, I have to wait for others to finish it before I can talk about it. I can wait, though. I just needed to make sure that it was a surprise. I really loved it, though. J.K. Rowling has a way of writing that can make you chuckle in between tears. Sure, some of my hopes weren't fulfilled with this, but it did really well with how it was written. I know these books will be read again by me, and maybe one day to my kids (when I have kids).

I still have more items to list on my etsy shop, but I just decided to watch tv tonight. I needed to watch my missed episode of 4400 and catch up on some What Not To Wear.

I kept thinking about going downstairs to do some sewing or cardmaking or scrapbooking, but my butt just stayed on the couch. I guess that works. Sometimes I am up here in the office on the computer playing World of Warcraft. Okay, that has been often lately, when I wasn't reading Harry Potter. It was nice to do something else.

There is the day bag in Lotta's book that I really want to make, and even got some cute bright colored heavier weight cotton to make it with, which was only $3 a yard at Joanne's. Quite the deal, if you ask me.

Speaking of books, I also really want Amy Karol's Bend the Rules book. I was reading through it at Barnes and Nobles, and really want it. Sure, everyone talking about how much they love it also helps that out, but I was good and put it back. I have been on a bit of a spending spree lately like I have money. I don't. So... I must wait, at least, until the 31st. Then I can ponder again. I am planning on getting it through Amazon, though. No tax, and since I am a prime member no shipping... yup, that will save me 40%. Then again, I wonder if I have any coupons around. Probably not for the 40%. Must look. I can just see making some cute projects in there. I got a bias tape folder, which I hope is for the right size, so now I just need to get the directions on cutting the bias tape and making some cute things for it to go around. Can't wait.

Well, guess I should get off to bed, so I can read a bit before going to sleep.

'Night.

No comments: